27 februari 2012

Font design sketches


Designing a typeface is an enormous amount of work, which usually starts out by hand. I worked on a typeface in art college but have never gotten past the sketching stage. I'd love to show you my sketches one day, but I'm afraid they're lost in the attic.

I've done a quick Google search for hand sketches and here are the results. If you're interested in the proces of type design start reading I love typography, where I found most of these images.

Above: Gerard Unger


Andrij Shevchenko


Kunihiko Okano


Ludwig Übele


Seb Lester


Stefan Willenstorfer


Stefan Hattenbach



Jose Mendoza y Almeida


Kris Sowersby

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...