30 maart 2011

Ripolin Domino





At a flea market I bought this small box with little cards in it. This is 'Ripolin' said the woman who sold it to me. I nodded as if I knew what she meant, but truth was I didn't know what she was talking about. I just liked the colours and the other cards in the box.
So, once home, I looked up Ripolin and discovered it was a French paint brand. Turns out that the Dutch  Ripolin factory was situated in the town I live in.
Around 1915 they published this paper Domino game. Unfortunately, I don't have the original box.


Above: Émile Vavasseur, 1913. Color lithograph. Part of the MoMA collection

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...