25 juni 2010

Graduating college










In 1995 (yes, last century...) I graduated from the AKV | St. Joost Academy and became officially a graphic designer. In my final year I studied clichés in spoken language. First of all I started collecting them, from books, from conversation, from listening actually. Then, I used these chlichés to write 15 dialogues in typical chliché circumstances (small talk, fights, gossip, condolence etc). I made 15 typographic studies in which I symbolised the circumstance and the personalities. I printed it in PMS-colours in the school's printshop in a small edition of 100 copies. I handmade 100 boxes to keep the lot together. A lot of work! But worth it, I graduated with honours.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...