22 december 2009

Make a wish



About a year ago we visited the Musée du président Jacques Chirac in Sarran, France and I came across this piece of persistence. In Asia, it is commonly said that folding 1000 paper origami cranes makes a person's wish come true. An ancient Japanese legend promises that anyone who folds a thousand origami cranes will be granted a wish by a crane, such as long life or recovery from illness or injury. The crane in Japan is one of the mystical or holy creatures and is said to live for a thousand years. The other picture I found on the internet, it shows how The Thousand Origami Cranes has become a symbol of world peace. Great isn't it?
My new year's resolution should be to fold a thousand of these birds...

By the way, the museum is worth a visit if you're ever in the neighbourhood.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...